Tuesday, January 27, 2015

ANNOUNCER EXPERIENCES GAME AS A SPECTATOR

ANNOUNCER EXPERIENCES GAE AS A SPECTATOR!!!
BY JONATHAN JDOGG LEDERMAN - PA ANNOUNCER FOR THE SOUTH FLORIDA GOLD

     It was a different experience for me on Saturday 1/24 and Sunday 1/25 as I was not behind the microphone as The South Florida Gold was the away team when they faced The Miami Midnites instead I was in the role of a fan.  As the game started I found myself caught up in the cheering for The Gold, questioning referees calls that seemed to be a bit one sided toward The Midnites. I would watch The Gold go down by 11 and come storming back not once but twice. I would stand and cheer as Charley "Cobra" Coley slammed the ball through the hoop and then applaud as Marquis "Starquis" Mathis would hit a few long range shots. I would cringe when Paidrick Matilus went out with an injury and be frustrated when "Downtown" Freddy Brown would pick up his second technical of the game and be ejected. I would feel the excitement when Danny Bryant and Scott Draughn would dial long distance connecting on threes. I would then watch as Dezmond "D-Train" Brown would play tenacious defense leading to points on the other end by Jarrett Smith. I would feel the pain when the Gold fell 124-116 on Saturday.
     Come Sunday I was a spectator again and I witnessed what would turn out to be a great game. The Gold unfortunately would come out slow and get behind early and trail by 18 at the half. The midnites would stretch the lead to 20. The Gold could have folded at that time but they did not playing a pressing defense that saw them cut into the lead and at the end of 3 the Gold only Trailed by 9. The 4th quarter would start with stifling defense being played by The Gold and The Gold would tie the game. Scott "The Professor" Draughn, "Downtown" Freedy Brown, Dante Valentine, Gertavian Blake, Marquis "Starquis"Mathis, Rel Blocker, would show tremendous heart in what would end in a 98-96 defeat by The Midnites. These 2 teams meet again on 2/7 and 2/8 at The David Posnack JCC. Watch the website www.sflgold.com for mor details.

No comments:

Post a Comment